April 25 - ASW Makers Faire
April 29 to May 3 - Spring Break
May 6 - "Sharing The Planet" unit of inquiry starts
May 6 - 24 - G1 Spring Swimming. Each class will follow the same schedule as in the fall.
May 15 - G1 field trip to the Zoo
Subscribe to Seesaw
This year we are using Seesaw to share and communicate with families! Your child will post to Seesaw to share their learning. I'll also use Seesaw to send you messages and reminders. Seesaw is private; you'll only see posts created by your child.
Please use the information your child's teacher sent you to sign up.
After you sign up, download the free Seesaw Family app and sign in. You can also access Seesaw from a computer at https://app.seesaw.me.
Don't know what Seesaw is all about? Watch this video here: https://youtu.be/z003RTAHoWA
Need some assistance signing up for Seesaw? Follow these instructions found here: https://youtu.be/eWS8nCTxz_g
Your child’s teacher or one of the tech coaches are available for additional assistance.
Additional videos, links, and information can be found on the ES Tech Site - http://bit.ly/ASWSeesaw
If you used Seesaw last year or have more than one child using Seesaw, follow the link above, then click the 'Sign in' tab at the top of the screen. You do not need to create a new account.
What a great UN Day !
UN Day is a wonderful opportunity for our parents and students to celebrate our international school. We have children and families from everywhere at ASW and teaching our children to appreciate how we are unique, while also building bridges to better understand how we are similar, is a big part of our work as educators. parents, and as citizens of the world.
The Elementary School has designed several opportunities for our children to be engaged and learning during the week of October 22:
1. On Monday, Tuesday students will share about their home countries. How this looks is dependent on what the child (with parent support or guidance) decides is important to share with the class and will vary by grade level.
- For some children and families they will want to share a food which is important to them. For others, they might show a video, bring in an object, or demonstrate a game or dance. Teachers, working together with Homeroom Parents will provide information on how that day or days will be used for this sharing, as well as any directions around how it might best serve the needs of the particular age-group involved.
2. On Wednesday, Oct. 24, UN DAY @ ASW
- To begin the day, we will participate in a whole-school assembly to connect our community.
- Then, across the day, ES Teachers will help their students explore and learn about the different countries represented at ASW, as they visit the Country Tables. (The PTO is helping to make this an even richer time, by providing country stamps for each table, so our ASW Passports can be stamped.)
- Students are encouraged to wear a traditional or national dress on this day as they will be moving around the school showing their "home country" colors!